Administration Tools for O365

Home Page Forums Office 365 General Administration Tools for O365

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason Brownhill Jason Brownhill 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jason Brownhill
    Jason Brownhill
    Participant

Of course there is always PowerShell, but coming from an on-premise farm to O365 I am imagining that not all the tasks will be so easy or even possible with PowerShell in Office365 that I’m able to perform on a Farm with direct server access? Or am I wrong? I’m thinking of site or library migration tasks that can/do occur often in my daily routine work in supporting many hundreds of users.

I’m finding that if the majority of you use Powershell, I’m not confident that the examples of scripts for routine administration are readily available – or would have to re-invent the wheel all over again – which is difficult with a lack of experience.

Does anyone use 3rd party tools which hook into O365 API’s? If so, which ones do you use and what are the costs?

Thanks,
    Jason.

Jason Brownhill
    Participant

Seems these forums get very little response :o/

Profile photo of Bill Ayers
    Bill Ayers
    Keymaster

Or maybe nobody uses 3rd party tools for this :o)

You should take a look at https://github.com/SharePoint/PnP-PowerShell if you haven’t already done so. I don’t think this counts as ‘third party’ though.

Jason Brownhill
    Participant

Thanks for the response Bill – I’ve heard of PnP-PowerShell, but being a novice really, I’m not sure if its something I will use at the moment.

There had been mention of a possible PnP user group session in Leicester that I’d have been keen to attend and listen intently to, but I’ve not seen or heard of anything being planned.
    Jason.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.