This is the second meeting of the UK PowerApps and Microsoft Flow Nottingham user group. We hope you will join us!
For more information about the UK PowerApps & Microsoft Flow user group, see: www.powerplatformug.com/nottingham
Session 1 – Bing, Flow and Cognitive Services – Garry Trinder
This sessions covers an idea that I had which involved automating the setting of my desktop wallpaper to the current Bing Image of the Day, how that got a little bit out of hand and escalated from an inflexible C# console application into a highly flexible and intelligent “no code” solution. I will walk through how to work with HTTP requests, handling files and using cognitive services to intelligently tag and describe those images all from Flow.
Session 2 – Student Forms with PowerApps and Flow – Sharon Sumner
Starting at university can be an exciting but also unsettling time for new students. So many forms to fill in, and so many bits of paper. Sharon Sumner will explain how her team helped one university completely eliminate paper forms through a combination of PowerApps,SharePoint and Microsoft Flow. Sharon will present the 3 distinct solutions that were developed:
Freshers powered by PowerApps
- Paperless Student on-boarding Process
- Notifications with the latest info to new students
- Faculty Administration & Reporting
Student Forms Automation in Flow & PowerApps
- Provide tools and process to allocate funding
- Manage and ensure student data security & privacy
- Implement approval processes across multiple departments and external approvers
Student Rooms Browser PowerApp
- Visual rooms browser for all student accommodation
- Integrated with student led algorithm for calculating room bands
- With just 5 days to create, test and debug the entire solution!
Location: ID Live Offices http://www.id-live.com/contact/
- 18:00Welcome and Coffee
- 18:30Session 1
- 19:30Food and Refreshments - BBQ if weather good!
- 20:00Session 2
Intelligent Decisioning -
Intelligent Decisioning, Strelley Hall, Main Street,