Just upgrade already….

Home Page Forums SharePoint On-Premises 2007 Just upgrade already….

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jason Brownhill 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Mark Stokes
    Keymaster

This post needs moderating.

Jason Brownhill
    Participant

We are moving to Office365, but it’s a darn long time coming, and still sweating out 2007!

Mark Stokes
    Keymaster

Haha. This was a test post to test out the moderation processes of the forums, but actually, its a fair point.

There are still a bunch of people on 2007. It will be interesting to see how your migration to Office 365 goes. What has kept you on 2006 for so long? Budget? capability to migrate? Custom Solutions in 2007?

Jason Brownhill
    Participant

I’m working in an organisation that has several distinct divisions (globally dispersed also) and amalgamating them all into one AD has been tried once and failed. So we’re only now just going through a whole modernisation process of rolling out Windows10 and Office365. I think the sticking point has been the lack of funding partially and no clear direction (until now) of what they wanted to do, how and when.

Some might frown on the fact that we’re still on premise with such an old system, but it’s still providing a lot of value, just not with all the bells and whistles of the latest tech – but we’re getting there. That’s not to say I haven’t kept my hand in with the latest stuff either to a degree.

Jason Brownhill
    Participant

Or get made redundant in the end and move on to somewhere more exciting & cutting edge!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.